12.04.2010

Lovely Greens

One nice afternoon, Alex and I went to "The Smith" which is located 55 Third Avenue in the East Village.
We decided to go to happy hour and have some beers and snacks.

I ordered the String Bean Salad (photo below, courtesy of Katie Hanzlik).
This salad had green beans, tomatoes, almonds, ricotta salata, and an amazing vinaigrette.
I ate every last bean! This is one of the best apps I have ever had in my life! All of the flavors blended beautifully and the almonds really added something special to the beans.
I love veggies and I think this could even be a meal on its own for lunch or a light dinner.

Alex had the "Fork and Knife Caesar Salad" which was equally tasty, just not pictured.

Overall:
Excellent food, beers on tap, and setting. During the summer the big garage door opens in the front which is perfect for people-watching!
The Smith is a must-go if you are near the East Village.

Website:

No comments:

Post a Comment