12.07.2010

Homemade Chili (November 2010)


So I took a break from dining out one cold autumn evening and decided to make...


CHILI! 

I wanted to stay healthy and make something that would last me the entire week so I hit up Whole Foods in Union Square for some fresh ingredients!

My recipe:
-Extremely lean cut meat (beef, turkey, tofurky whatever)
-Kidney Beans
-Cannellini Beans (the white Italian version of Kidney Beans)
-Tomatoes 
-Tomato Sauce
-Zucchini 
-Yellow Squash
-Carrots
-Onions
-Corn
-Cauliflower 
-Beer
-Tad bit of olive oil

What to do:
Basically oil a big pan, add onions, then add meat, brown it.
Then add tomato sauce, then the veggies, then the beer
and SHAZAM!
Chili!
Healthy!
Warm!
Filling!
You can garnish with cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream, anything!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment